|DCI Banks: Aftermath|
In "Aftermath," Banks discovers the home of a serial rapist and murderer after two of his officers responded to a domestic disturbance call and found an injured woman and the dead bodies of four girls who'd been reported missing. A fifth girl, also missing, might still be alive, and Banks wants to find her, but he has to wait for the suspect to come out of a coma to interrogate him. During his investigation he meets DS Annie Cabbot (Andrea Lowe, The Tudors,Murphy's Law),a cop from Professional Standards who's arrived on the scene to investigate one of the officers for assault.
|DCI Banks: Season One|
Those aired in 2011, after which a second series was commissioned. As with the first, it consisted of three two-part episodes adapted from the stories "Strange Affair," "Dry Bones That Dream," and "Innocent Graves," which were broadcast in Q3 2012.
|DCI Banks: Season Two|
(Note that there are actually more than 60 stations. Many of the ones listed on the PDF are networks that comprise multiple stations.)
For viewers in the Washington, DC area, WETA UK debuted "Aftermath" yesterday, but fear not if you missed it! The station is re-airing it today at 4PM Eastern and again on Saturday, 5 January, at 6:30PM.
If your local PBS affiliate isn't carrying DCI Banks, you can catch it on DVD. A few copies of Region 2 DVDs with the first four stories are available at Amazon.com,more at Amazon UK.(Note that they'll only play on a multi-region/region-free DVD player,not on a standard one, in the U.S.)
UPDATE: See "DCI Banks Returning for Third Series" for a list of stations that have added the show to their schedules. All told, there are 166 (!) PBS and independent public television stations that carry the program.
- Watch British TV Programs on Non-Local PBS Stations (Really!)
- DCI Banks, Death in Paradise, Father Brown, Scott & Bailey Station Lists Updated
- Watch: DCI Banks: Series 3 Trailer [UPDATED with UK and US Premiere Dates]
- "DCI Banks" Returning for Third Series [UPDATED]
- Stephen Tompkinson Leads Cast of New BBC Drama "Truckers"
Also check out:
- Local PBS Stations Debut Biopic Wodehouse in Exile
- New Series of New Tricks on Local PBS Stations
- Death in Paradise: Series 3 Premiere Date and Full List of Local PBS Stations
- Comedy Hebburn Returns to Local PBS Stations
- Hugh Bonneville Sitcom Twenty Twelve Coming to Select PBS Stations
- Hit Britcom Moone Boy Landing on Local PBS Stations
- Fan-Favorite Father Brown Returns to Local PBS Stations with Series 2, Plus Series 3 News
- Eve Myles Drama Frankie Coming to Local PBS Stations
- British House of Cards Coming to Local Public Television Stations [UPDATED]
- Doc Martin: Series 6 Coming to These Local PBS Stations [UPDATED]
- Hit Detective Series Scott & Bailey Comes to Local PBS Stations [UPDATED]