|DCI Banks: Aftermath|
In "Aftermath," Banks discovers the home of a serial rapist and murderer after two of his officers responded to a domestic disturbance call and found an injured woman and the dead bodies of four girls who'd been reported missing. A fifth girl, also missing, might still be alive, and Banks wants to find her, but he has to wait for the suspect to come out of a coma to interrogate him. During his investigation he meets DS Annie Cabbot (Andrea Lowe, The Tudors,Murphy's Law),a cop from Professional Standards who's arrived on the scene to investigate one of the officers for assault.
|DCI Banks: Season One|
Those aired in 2011, after which a second series was commissioned. As with the first, it consisted of three two-part episodes adapted from the stories "Strange Affair," "Dry Bones That Dream," and "Innocent Graves," which were broadcast in Q3 2012.
|DCI Banks: Season Two|
For viewers in the Washington, DC area, WETA UK debuted "Aftermath" yesterday, but fear not if you missed it! The station is re-airing it today at 4PM Eastern and again on Saturday, 5 January, at 6:30PM.
If your local PBS affiliate isn't carrying DCI Banks, you can catch it on DVD. A few copies of Region 2 DVDs with the first four stories are available at Amazon.com,more at Amazon UK.(Note that they'll only play on a multi-region/region-free DVD player,not on a standard one, in the U.S.)
Also check out:
- Hit BBC Mystery Father Brown Coming to Local PBS Stations
- Hit Detective Series Scott & Bailey Comes to Local PBS Stations
- Scott & Bailey: Series 4 Confirmed
- List of PBS Stations Airing Death in Paradise
- Watch Death in Paradise: Season Two Now
- Kris Marshall Joining, Ben Miller Leaving Death in Paradise
- Death in Paradise: Series 3 Guest Stars Announced